Saturday, June 06, 2009

Saturday Seven

I almost forgot that I was suppose to blog today.

And I don't even have a topic!

Ugh.

But I will snatch an idea from my blog brutha Keith, and do a Saturday Seven.

I suppose I will title it:


"7 Things LadyLee is Doing Today"

1. Cleaning up - Today is chore day. I had this brilliant idea to clean up during the week, but that doesn't go over very well after a hard day's work, but my house is reasonable and very small. Therefore, it takes about 2 hours or less to clean up. I am glad of that.

2. Explore a local's farmers market - One of my goals this summer is to take a couple of field trips to local neighborhood farmer's markets. There's a small parking lot farmers market open on Saturday morning in the trendy Morningside/Highlands area. I think I will run have a look-see this mernting!

3. Crochet - I crochet everyday, but I get a good bit done on the weekends. So today I plan on organizing what I've done all week and make a little leeway on a couple of current projects.

4. Perm my hair- Due to my illness, I don't have much hair. But doggonit, if and when it grows, I have to perm it. So today is a perm day. Can't deal with the nappiness!

5. Post Office- I have a few things I need to mail. So, I'm going to the 24 hour black people's post office in Hapeville, where they're SLOW as all get out, and I gotta listen to at least one broad cuss and snap about the snail's pace of the workers. Let's hope fights don't break out!

6. Go to the track - I plan on walking a couple of miles on the track this morning. Need my exercise, man!!

7. Read - I have 3 books that I'm digging into right now:

J. California Cooper's Life is Short but Wide- This is my book club book. I can't really get into it, but this is one of my favorite authors, so I best get to reading. I think it will peak my interest soon.

Kimberly Lawson Roby's One in a Million - bought this one yesterday. Looks to be a novella, as it is pretty short. Read 3 chapters overnight, and may read another.

Octavia Butler's Parable of the Talents - This is a reread. I was reading it with Serenity, but that broad is a reading bandit, and of course, overshot me and finished. I have about 40 pages to go and I plan to knock that out today.

So, there you have it: the 7 thangs the Oldgirl is doing today...

Not popping with excitement, but it's fulfilling to me... and that's alllll I ask for!

Really.

Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. The Green Eyed Monster9:52:00 AM

    I am impressed. You posted this morning.

    My to do list looks alot like yours: cleaning, reading and needing to get on the track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ladylee!!!! That sounds like a lot for one day to me but then again Saturdays are usually jam packed with activities aren't they?

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say "Its okay to be nappy!" Just watch me rock my nappy hair and I won't skip a beat! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:09:00 AM

    I read One In a Million a couple of weeks ago... it was a quick read. You should enjoy it.

    I'm going to add the octavia butler book to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!