Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crochet Projects

I have been crocheting a little lately.

Not as much as I would like, but crocheting nevertheless

I love crocheting. We are living in a time when everything is high tech. I like to skip all that and make things with my hands, do something homemade. It takes patience, time and care to do so.

And I love it.

Recently I worked on a blanket for a baby girl. My blog bruh 12Kyle and his wife recently welcomed little Skyler into the world. He wrote the most WONDERFUL post about this new venture as father to his daughter on his blog entitled the father/daughter bond.




I like it. All pretty and girly.

I like baby blankets. Those take about 30 hours give or take a little. I'd never made one like this before (made for a girl). I've made 2 or 3 for boys, substituting the pink for the blue.

I am about to make one for my new nephew, little Dillon or Devon, due in January. It's going to be like the one above, but less stripey. 80% blue body, with green and white ripples near the ends. I have the yarn and I hope to work on it for the month of November.

I keep forgetting that a baby's due date, even though given, is an estimate. I finished this blanket on October 1st. Little Skyler was due in October. So I was on time, right?

NO.

Kyle's wife had the baby around September 26-28th. I don't know when, but it was NOT October. Humph. I went over to his twitter page looking for his email addy so I could get his street addy, and there he was holding a baby.

*lee throwing self out of window*

I snapped at a couple of people for not telling me. UGH.

I finally got around to mailing the blanket some 2 weeks late. Lawd help me! CP time is something else!

Next project, a big blanket.



This one has been laying around, half done for the past 3 years. I've taken it out and draped it on the couch. I suppose if I keep seeing it, I will work on it.

We'll see how that works out...

7 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous. My mother crochets and does cross stitch. I've always said I wanted to learn how to cross stitch but have yet to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I need to learn again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandmother crochet all of her grandkids a blanket when we were babies. I still have mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful! I love to crochet as well. Haven't done any since last winter though. My son keeps bugging me about making him a blanket so he can have one. One day, I'll get to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got back into crocheting. Last year I had a bunch of unfinished projects. I am working on a basic throw for my mother than a poncho for me.

    I have to admit I wish I had the focus and patience to get into the patterns like you posted. I will one day. LOL. I like doing simple stitch combos and not changing colors much. I will do better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan to make a big blanket for my grandson. He has the one I made for the baby shower last year. He needs a bigger one now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented. I tried to get back to crocheting but have found that I really suck at it.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!