Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday!

Once again!

Man, this year is going by fast. Feels like it was just January.

Soon we will be hollering "Merry Christmas!"

And a Happy New Year!!

LOL

I am enjoying the cool temperatures. There is nothing worse than 100 degree weather. And it is humid in the ATL, which makes it MUCH worse. Ugh.

My Weekend. I didn't do much this weekend. Aunt Flo showed up on Friday night. Good grief. I think I managed to make it to Wal-mart, but that was it. I was wiped out afterwards.I am like the womens of the Old Testament: throw me in a tent on the outskirts of town in isolation, man. Ugh.

Anyway, I got much done around the house. I was a bit upset because I had other plans, but oh well...

I also watched the national news for a change.

Current Events. The whole Herman Cain surge in the polls is interesting. And that doesn't surprise me at all. I use to listen to his radio show for the past couple of years. It would come on the local talk station right when I was leaving work. I never listen to urban radio, so I either have a CD on, or a talk radio station.

Uh, they have been BEGGING that man to run for awhile. So I knew he had the support. Not sure about the whole 999 concept, but he explained it well on the Sunday news shows.

I like him, think he's a worthy candidate. But I don't think he can beat the Romney or Obama. Romney is congenial, says what everyone wants to hear. Cain says whatever, just like any black man over 65 does. And you can't do that in politics.

And it is a shame to say it, but you have to have BIG money to win these elections. He ain't got it. Combine that with running off at the mouth, being politically incorrect, and Cain has a hard road to go...

And what is this about this baby missing up in Ohio or Minnesota? You know the first thing we think: the Mama did it. Shoot man, I hope that ain't the case. I am SICK of that. Happens over and over. I hope that is not the case. It is not looking good for that Mama, though.

Food for thought. I went to church on Friday night. This one minister is doing a long series on conflict resolution in marriage. I'm not married, but it is very interesting stuff. One quote I found interesting:

You can make a promise or committment to do something, but it is your character that backs up that promise or committment.

Content of character is important. No matter how much you fake the funk... your character shows up eventually... for all to see.

I worry about that within my ownself... and it's why I work on my character daily. Difficult, because there is so much I need to correct. But at least I am cognizant of it.

It is truly important.

That is all for today. I have been blogging daily, and I am loving it! So stay tuned for a full, full week!

Have a good week! On purpose.

2 comments:

  1. "Cain says whatever, just like any black man over 65 does. And you can't do that in politics." <--- THIS!! But, we shall see how this works itself out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Content of character is important. No matter how much you fake the funk... your character shows up eventually... for all to see.<---yep. Ummmhmmm

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!