Thursday, October 06, 2011

*HaPPy BiRTHday Kayla*

So...

I was talking to my Play Mama on the phone a month ago, and her 11-year-old daughter Kayla asked to speak with me?

I eagerly awaited what she had to say.

"Hi Miss Alesia."

"Hi, Baby," I replied.

"My birthday is on October 6th," she said in her sweet angelic voice. "Can you bake some oatmeal cookies?"

"Of course!"

"Can you mail them by October 1st so they will be here in time for my birthday?"

"Yes I can, baby!"

"Alright," she said. "Thank you."

"What do you want in the cookies? Raisins, cranberries, nuts... what do you want?"

She paused. "Whatever was in them the last time. That is fine."

LOL

Yes, whatever was in them the last time. When her Mama, MY play Mama, comes to the ATL, I bake her a batch of oatmeal raisin cranberry cherry blueberry walnut cookies.

And The Mama has that look in her eye. That non-sharing look. She grasps the cookie tin tightly in her hands, holds it close to her chest. Like, "Forget the kids, these cookies is MINE."

"Don't forget to share that with the family, Mama," I remind her.

She gives me the hard side-eye.

Funny.

So I baked up some cookies on Sunday evening.




A whole BIG tin. 4 dozen.


Enough for everybody in the house. Enough for even their cat, Wallee! Enough for the birds and the chipmunks outside!

I was sent a picture of her opening the box!



She is concentrating hard!

I also enclosed a birthday card in the box.



She liked that alot.





I also put some cash in that card.

She called me later. "Thanks for the present, Miss Alesia. And the money."

I said you're welcome. And I told her "Don't you share that money with nobody."

"Don't worry," she said. "I won't."

Good. Birthday money should be spent on one's self. That is all.

I made sure to tell her Mama, "Don't ya'll take that baby's money. That money is for her pocketbook."

LOL... Birthday money. It is special, you see.

I was glad to give send Miss Kayla some cookies... and some cash for her pocketbook."

Happy 12th Birthday, Kayla!

I hope you are having a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Kayla!

    Wow what a nice and thoughtful thing to do Ms. Alesia...lol

    So that's the trick...I need to go and have me a baby and then have him or her call you on the phone and then politely and sweetly ask you for some cookies like cute little Kayla did..

    Dang if I had known I would of been done got knocked up..heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA we are both laughing! LOL

    EVERYBODY in my house know I don't like sharing those cookies lol. I Only gave my momma ONE lol.

    Thank you so much! You started off her bday money GOOD lol.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!