Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Thoughts and Scripture

I have a plethora of spiritual things that have been on my mind this week... and i will just list them...

Verse of the Week. I Peter 5:7 AMP Casting the whole of your care [all of your anxieties, all your wories, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

That has been my meditation and prayer scripture all week.

I am particularly focused on the words affectionately and watchfully. Those two words denote a high order of attention. And that is a good thing.

General Reading. I am usually perusing a book or two, and for the past couple of weeks, I've been reading Joyce Meyer's Living Beyond your feelings.

LOTS of interesting things in there. Lots. I have it on my kindle app on my phone, so I can highlight and save notes.

Some items of interest, concerning courage, which is a weak area for me:

Courage is said to be progress in the presence of fear.

I will be courageous and not let the emotion of fear rule me.

Knowledge without action is useless.

Jeremiah. Still reading the book of Jeremiah. I am on course to finish by the end of the month.

Verse of interest. Jeremiah 23:35 MES Instead of claiming to know what God says, ask questions of one another, such as 'How do we understand God in this?''

Interesting verse. More interesting is the mood and tone of the book right now, where there are many prophets in the land and they are competing. Soooo, the best way to do that is to tell the people what they wanna hear...

Hmmm.

That verse backs things up a step. Well, it appears to, to me. It endorses healthy discussion. Something that I like.

So those are my spiritual ponderings and learnings for the week...

New week coming up! Let's make it a good one... on purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to get that book. I think I would really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!