Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday Night Special

Posting late... on a Saturday Night.

Saturday night special.

A very special Saturday night.

I had NO idea what I wanted to post. But lucky for you, I went to the White People's Kroger last night.

I love the White People's Kroger. You know, it's the grocery store they built when all the white people moved back from the surburbs to the hood. Gentrification has it's perks.

Like the White people's kroger.

I saw some interesting things while shopping there, as always.

Like Gluten free flour.

When did they start making that? And why is it $5.99 for that little ol' box?



And the White People's Kroger has a FANTASTIC wine section. You know the wine section is the bomb when they put the whites on one side of the aisle and the reds on the other.

That's the first place I saw Bitch wine. Good stuff. Even though I rarely drink, I like to give it as gifts, since many of my friends are fond of the vine.

But while I was perusing the aisle I came to a section where wine was stored behind locked thick glass.

And there was an interesting note on the display: The White People's Kroger has a WINE STEWARD.

It took a minute for this to sink in. A wine steward. In the grocery store. Wow.

We can't be in the hood. Well, we were in the hood.

I was confused.

The wine steward was nowhere to be found. If he was... Trust. I was gonna talk to dude.

And look at the prices on that wine. Expensive. I pay $129.99 for a bottle of wine, I better git LIT.

And I am not sharing with anyone. That is not from the Farm called Boones.

Oh and there were signs that said the wine steward recommended a new wine.

Cupcake Wine.



Yes, Cupcake Wine.

Live Deliciously.

Nice slogan.

I have seen some interesting names of wines in this place. Bitch and Fat Bastard catch the eye.

But Cupcake...

That takes the cake.

LOL.

Ah yes... I never know what I will find at my friendly neighborhood white people's Kroger.

But you best believe I will have my camera phone handy...

4 comments:

  1. Those are like the 'Marketplace Krogers' here in Ohio. I have the Cupcake brand wine an it is GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the cupcake wine before I stopped drinking. Good stuff lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. " That is not from the Farm called Boones" LMAO

    I love the Cupcake wine. They have a red velvet flavor too

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the "white people's Kroger" and why is the flour on SALE for $5.99?

    Wine locked up behind glass at Kroger?!? Really? I'm done at the Wine Steward....Wine...Steward....at KROGER!?!?!?!

    *dead*

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!