Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday Seven

Shame on Me!

But I forgot to put up a post yesterday.

Normally, during the week, I tend to put up something at night.

But last night? I sent a few good-night texts....

And I was OUT like a light.

Sigh.

I was a sleepy Oldgirl. By Friday evening, I am worn out from a long week.

So today, I will do a Saturday Seven.

Seven things I wanna do, seven thoughts, seven whatever...

Potpourri!

1. I must crochet today. One of the most difficult things for me to do is to get a crochet project started. So that is what I will do today. For November, I want to finish my baby blanket project. Yes sir!

2. Chores, chores, chores! Chores all day today. Sigh. I had been doing great with my weekly chores, but goodness gracious alive, honey... It has been a busy week at work! Goodness! I need to switch up my strategy. I am pretty alert in the mornings, so I need to assign myself at least one chore for the morning.

3. Yardwork. I am currently awaiting a local to drop by and paint my porch rails and stain my porch. I must admit I was mean to him during the week. I told him LAST Saturday to come by on THIS Saturday. I needed to go buy supplies.

Why on earth did I come home Monday to my grass cut?







Looks mighty nice. Even my bushes are all trimmed up.

Sorry bruh... I will pay you on Saturday.

He has been coming by all week... making me madder and madder.


That first 30 minutes of my arriving home is decompression time. I don't want to talk to NOBODY. I just want to think about my day, and decide what I want to do with the evening. Talking to local folks just short circuits the cheese out of my process!

Yes I was mad. Yet it caused me to stop and think. It forced me to rein in that anger emotion. So yes, it was an opportunity for growth.

Yeah, I haven't seen him this morning. Fine.

You don't get paid until you finish everything. Have a blessed day! LOL

4. Reading. I have to read today. I am close to finishing up the book of Jeremiah. And I am 3/4ths of the way through Living Beyond your Feelings by Joyce Meyer. So some light reading is on my schedule today.

5. Prayer. That is already done for the day. I think that has been one of the best activities of my year thus far: to get up in the morning, before the sun even comes up and pray. Hands down, the best thing I have done for myself all year. Especially if I spend a good hour doing it. You wouldn't believe the answers and clarity concerning many issues in my life that I have received this year. I am so thankful for that.

6. My favorite picture of the week. One of that Original Oldcat, Oscar-Tyrone.





I took that right after prayer. He knows prayer time means get somewhere and sit down and have some quiet time of his own.

He looks less surley than usual. And that's a good thing.

Oscar-Tyrone turned 14 this month. Happy Birthday Oscar-Tyrone!

7. Television. Man, I need a good Lifetime Movie. I love Lifetime... television for women. But as the SNL skit a couple of weeks ago said... television for White women.



LOL!!!!! If you can't see that, then click this link.



Yeah... you learn from shows like Snapped, and virtually anything on Lifetime: White women got some issues, too.


Really though.


Well, that is my Saturday 7 for this Saturday!


Hope you are having a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!