Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday is Here

Monday is here.

Once again.

And it is the 24th day of October. The days are no longer brutally hot, but cool and crisp. I'm still trying to get use to these low temperatures.

It is 57 degrees in the ATL right now.

Cool. And I am still looking for my jackets. They must be outside in the garage. Sigh.

My energy bill has been low for the last couple of months. I used some of that extra money to open another account. And that is a good thing.

I am off today. I was up until around 2:30 in the morning. I'd been texting, then I got the bright idea to do some writing, and things flowed. I awoke at my usual 6, said my prayers and went back to bed. No way I was going to work. So I called in. I'm tired and I'm not feeling 100%. No way I'd make it through a full workday. So I called off.

And I am glad I did. I would much rather go in later, but management has issues, and I am not in the mood.

So today I am off. And waiting for this medicine to kick in. Nothing worse than a splitting headache.

My Weekend. Wow. It started off emotional. The latter couple of days of last week were not good. Some things went down that I am soooo angry over. And shoot man, it didn't have anything to do with me. I notice with myself over the years that I get a bit beside myself when I have to stand on the sidelines and watch people go through something.I am so bothered by it. I wish I wasn't so empathetic.

But this time was different. I was mad. Beyond mad. Straight up pissed. I like going to church on Friday nights, and I think that would've have done me good, but I was just angry and wanted to be alone. My sister called on Friday night, and we talked about a few things. I did my best to keep the angry tinge out of my voice, and I don't think she noticed. (If she did, she didn't say).

I am reading Joyce Meyer's book Living Beyond Your Feelings, and one of the core themes of the book is that we should manage our emotions and not let our emotions manage us. So needless to say, I recognized that I was being managed by this internal anger, and I needed to snuff that negativity out.

So I woke up Saturday morning, somewhat hopeful, things still heavy on my mind. And I spent some time praying about things on my heart. That brought some much needed peace, even though I was still miffed. I was excited that day because play Mama would be in town and I would get to see her and her family, if only for a brief time.

I woke up and baked cookies and made up little gift bags. That was fun. (You should know by now if I meet with you, I come with simple gifts, lol). I met up with her for lunch, and that really really lifted my mood. They are a fun bunch of peeps. So I am glad of that.

The rest of the weekend was pretty nice. Lots of relaxation. Church was GREAT. We are on some subject matter now that had me O_O. I suppose because it is something that I think about often right now, and it kind of brings everything together.

And that's a good thing. A VERY good thing indeed.

So my week gets off to a better start, better than last week ended.

I am happy for that.

Anyway, look out for more posts this week.

Where is Ginae?

*lee placing hand above brow, squinting, looking off into the distance*

That mattress post is coming up. Gotta get all the pics loaded. But that's on queue for this week, hon. I ain't forgot about you.

And I owe people some cookies. No, I haven't forgotten about you. It's just that I don't mail chocolate chip cookies in 100 degree weather. They melt and you will have a hot mess on your hands.

And I can't have ya'll talking trash about me.

So if I owe you cookies, then you should hear from me concerning addresses. And if you've gotten them from me before, don't come round wanting more. Postage costs are high. I'm thinking more now of people who I have promised cookies to. I will take care of the rest of you later.

You heard me?

I thought you would.

This is going to be a great week.

We woke up this morning. We are breathing. The blood is still running warm through our veins.

That in itself should not be taken for granted.

That in itself makes it a great week... automatically.

I'll let you think on that one...

Have a great week... on purpose.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better, oldgal. Enjoy the day off playing hookie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *me waving my hand, grinning, and saying here I be all at the same time*

    hush Chile I've been getting my lurk on...

    but now i know I've responded to a post or two that you've done in the last couple of weeks..check that there post on the real you vs your representative and the one about how God looks at our true hearts....

    I'm just patiently waiting on that post about mattresses because I know you are a busy old girl and got much stuff on the brain...in the meantime I will just enjoy whatever you choose to talk about on here.

    *me stepping away from the post and giving you a virtual hug as I tell you to feel better*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is ALL THAT!

    Most of my life has been spent being managed by my emotions and I am so grateful that I am finally learning to control it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((hugs))) I'm gonna have to get that book, I could use that right about now.
    You should sell those darn cookies man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ALL late! LOL It was so good to see you!!!!!!

    TILL NEXT TIME :)

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!