Saturday, August 14, 2010

**5 Year Bloggaversary**

I almost forgot...

Shame on me!

It's my 5 year Bloggaversary!

No fanfare today! You know how I like to go all out...

But this morning, I'm reflective.

5 years of blogging. That's a long time.

All I can say is, I really like my blog. And that is key for me. I'm not doing it to please others, and the topics here aren't driven by others. It is purely LadyLee. The writer side of my personality. The comdedic side of my personality. The free side of me.

On here, I feel free to express myself to myself. I write as if no one is reading, only myself, and I think that for me, is the key to making it last. I've learned through blogging that my life is incredibly unique and rich unto its ownself.

There is no one like me, Your Friendly Neighborhood Original Oldgirl...LadyLee.




There's nothing salacious or scandolous here. There are 920 posts, little pieces of my thoughts, my triumphs, my trial, my tribulations, my idiosyncracies, my ups and downs. Those of you who have read me for all my years, may know and appreciate (or detest) the full arc of who I am. You won't hear me dogging other bloggers (that would denote some self-esteem issues, and uh show that I just don't have enough to do). No special themes, no popularity schemes, none of that.

Just me, and my thoughts... My world... pure and honest as I can be.

I've had the pleasure to read the blogs of some wonderfully unique people over the years. Many have come and gone, but I'll never forget their words.

Their words, our words, are windows into our hearts.

So, I thank you for coming over and taking the time to sit a spell in the House of LadyLee.

Company is always welcome over here in these parts.

So with that, you know I have to have the virtual barbeque...
Some of ya'll not all that regular, so you know I will help you on that one. Let's start out with a little fruit.



Uncle Cre! Pull out the witch's kettle! Heat up that grease! Fry us some catfish!


We got the HOT. FRIED. FISH for the Party People!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I got the grill going. It's still summertime! GRILL, GRILL, GRILL!!!













And you KNOW there's always someone hollerin' about they don't eat pork. GEEZ!! So for them, I grilled up some shrimp and crab!






I cooked up some gumbo...



And for you REAL country folk: My grandma brought over some chittlins!

Hold your horses. The salmon and biscuits are almost ready!





And for the super health conscious folks, we have all the stir-fry you can eat!







Good LAWD, there is some good eatin' up in my Party!!!!
"Where the Liquor at, LadyLee!" Blog Fam screams, even though they got a case of the "itis" right now.
I tell you... black folks. You know we love the libations...
Bitch on Ice... So nice so nice.
Come on, sang with me... *Lee does the running man dance*



"Bitch on Ice... so nice, so nice! Bitch on Ice... so nice, so nice!!!"

Grab a plate, and Party ON!!!

Oh, and don't forget to leave room for dessert.

Tiny, grab that ice cream out the freezer!



Party People, make sure you have a few of LadyLee's Oatmeal Raisin walnut cookies and Chocalate Chip Pecan cookies.


And we got a little double chocolate coffee infused cake! Have a slice!!
Whew!!! That was a GOOOD party...

Thank ya'll so much for stopping by and helping me celebrate my Bloggaversary...

Now... you ain't got to go home, but you got to get the hell up outta HERE!!!

LOL...
Just kidding. Feel free to go back and grab another plate. There is plenty for all.
Again, thanks for celebrating with me.


The House of LadyLee will still be going strong in Year 6... on purpose.

8 comments:

  1. The Green Eyed Bandit9:46:00 AM

    Happy Anniversary Lee! Now you know I have read every single post you have on here. I love reading your posts. They do so much especially making me think which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy I found your blog...still not sure how that happened, lol. You're nuggets of wisdom are simply amazing to me!

    Oh, and those fruit pics have me drooling, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Chick! I love, love, love your blog. You are my blog inspirations... I just love how you write. You can tell that's your blog is about you and I love that...helps me to be true to myself on mine.
    Now, I gotta go because all of that "virtual eating" got me with a tummy ache!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't remember when I started reading your blog, but I love your story telling. And all these pictures of food, dang now I want some barbecue & gumbo and all dat.

    Happy, happy blogversary & thanks for writing for yourself, but sharing with us.a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogaversary!!! Wow! five years! I didn't even know about blogging five years ago. Sooooo out the loop?! Anyway those pics were great. Now that's a BBQ paaartay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogaversary...lawd u had me drooling looking at that food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE!
    I think you started a little before me...but time does fly doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:26:00 AM

    Ladylee, that food looked SO GOOD! Especially the stir fry. I wish mine looked and tasted like that. I never get a good stir fry.

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!