Saturday, August 07, 2010

Day Six - Your Day

The sixth day of the challenge surrounds describing your day.

Easy enough.

It. is. the. Weekend.

That is all.

So if I sat up in here and picked fuzzballs out of my carpet all day, then FINE.

Interestingly, there was an email out for overtime. That wasn't going down with me. Been treated like crap all week, they can go sit on a tack.

See you on Monday.

Anyway, I woke up at my usual 5:30 am. Naturally. Thought remotely about going walking at around 6:30. That was a no go, for whatever reason. I think I lay in bed. I really needed that time to calm my head and relax because it's been a TERRIBLE week at work.

This really needed to be a chore day. My house is a hot mess. I like to clean up during the week, but this past week consisted of coming home, taking off my clothes, taking off my bra, and going to bed.

So I'm somewhat happy with my attempt at chores.

It all sounds mundane, doesn't it?

And that's okay. I like mundane.

But it wasn't mundane. Lo and behold, there was a family gathering. Family gatherings are rare, and since they stress me out something terrible, I usually don't go. Seeing me show up is like spotting a UFO. Better catch it while you can.

But alas, not this time.

Milk and Cookies is home from Iraq, and there was a Welcome Home Gathering for him. From what I hear, he's around for 20 days, and then he'll be stationed in Seattle.

It was potluck. I didn't make anything, though. I picked up some cranberry tuna salad, sonoma chicken salad, and crackers from Whole Foods last night, and that was that. And it was one of those things where I told my sister, when people started showing up, give me a call, and I'll come on over.

Been quite a few times when I get somewhere on time and I'm the only one there. NOT a good look, man.

Anyway, I had a nice time. Auntie and Grandma were there. I saw some of my cousins.

And of course there was my brother Milk and Cookies.

I even got a really good picture of Sr. and Jr. together!


Ain't that a great picture?

It's hard to get a baby to smile. But the mohawk rockin' Milk and Cookies Jr. cheesed hard with his 6 to 8 teeth.

I had a nice time. I actually sat down and talked with my brother. I don't think we've had a real convo of any length in the past 3 years. So that was a good thing. There were quite a few pics. I'll sort and load this week sometime.

So I left the party around 7:30. I came on home, and now I'm sitting here typing up this blog post, and watching the movie Mad Money on Lifetime. Oscar-Tyrone is sitting here on the sofa carefully watching me, hoping that I will pet him. (Not gonna happen).

Tonight I plan to fold my clothes, and get something together so I can throw on and walk in the early morn. My room is still a mess, so I will dabble around in there.

That is my DAY. A good day. I met a few small goals, and my brother is back stateside, safe and sound.



A great day indeed.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad Milk and Cookies made it back home safely. I hope thats it for dangerous duty (or whatever the official name is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:40:00 PM

    A gathering to welcome home your brother is indeed a celebration. Glad to hear all is well with you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he's home safe. And his baby looks sooo cute. Makes me want to play with a baby..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture and I'm glad he's back for a while. Your nephew is too cute...looks just like his daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes indeed that is a great picture!

    i pray this coming week goes much better for you. i feel like i'm in purgatory at my job sometimes so i can totally relate.

    on second thought..i'm claiming a great week for you..and so it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your brother is safe and that is a great picture of them. Hope you have a better work week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. heyyyy leeee!
    i am glad u had an awesome day with your brother and mc jr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jennifer2:54:00 PM

    great picture!!! so glad you got to spend time with Sr and Jr, that is a special thing.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!