Monday, August 09, 2010

Day Eight - A Moment

A moment.

Now what in the world is that suppose to mean?

And ya'll know me. I ain't the most learned Oldgirl in the world. I'll go look up a word in a minute.

But I won't. I am bone tired, and my mind is frickin' shot. I might get a "moment" of sleep tonight. Who knows?

Anyway, I am thinking of a couple of "moments" I had today.

Blog family cups hands to mouth and hollas "Oldgirl, do you want some cheese with that whine????"

Shut it up! I'm not whining today. I'll whine at Oscar-Tyrone if I have to whine.

This is a whine free zone tonight.

I had some funny "moments" today.

Moments that make me... smile.

Moment #1

I was dragging getting ready for work. I didn't even go walking. I need to do that. 2 or 3 miles and a nice sunrise gets my blood pumping, and any signs of inflammation disappear in the wind. Gives me more energy for my day!

But I was brooding. HIGHLY upset that I had to go to work.

Then LadyTee called. The convo was interesting (*excuse the ebonics. This is just how we talk.)

"Whassup, girl?" she asked.
I sat down on the bed. I was changing my socks to some whiter socks (for some odd reason). "Nothing much, man."
"You still in the bed?"
"No," I mumbled.
"You sound like it," she said, half chuckled.
"No. I just ain't been talking this morning."
"Oh, okay," she said. "Ready for work this morning?"
I mumbled something inaudible, similar to something Lurch would mumble.
"You gonna have a blessed day today, girl," she said. "It's gonna be a great day."
I mumbled more.
"Got dog, man! You ain't trying to hear that, are you, Lee?"
This caused us to both bust out laughing. She has had to hear ALL of the drama going on at work that I won't dare post here. ALL of it.
"Man, them jokers is crazy," I say.
"Well you gonna have a blessed day, and ask the Lord to deal with anybody who come at you today, before they even get to you. Just go pray. Make sure you pray."
"Whatever, man," I mumbled again.
"You REALLY ain't studyin' it."
"Just tired, big girl." I put on my sneakers, reached down and tied them. "Just tired."

I needed that call this morning. I was feeling a bit low. Just needed to lay in the bed a little longer or something.

But I did what she said. While I was putting together my usual fruit for the morning -grapefruit wedges, pineapple, watermelon, cherries, grapes, honydew melon-

I prayed.

And I felt A LOT better leaving the house this morning. Even got to work 30 minutes early.

Imagine that.

Thanks LadyTee for calling. You need to call every morning and talk to my whining behind.

Moment #2

I worked a 9 hour day today. This is the reason why I RARELY go to work before 10. My doc wants me to work an eight hour day, and to stick as tightly to that as possible. (I'm sure my boss considers me lazy, but whatever. My doc has my health in mind).

But I got off from work around 7:40 pm. I was shooting for 6, but whatever. I actually had a productive day, and staying over an hour and a half didn't bother me.

I talked to the guard who's critiquing the current story I'm writing. He said he'd be reading tonight and will talk to me tomorrow. (This was good, as a brutha like to hold an Oldgirl up with discussion. I was ready to go).

But I got in my car.

Pulled out my leftover fruit.

Hit random on the CD player (which has a disc in it with 150 songs, so who knows what would play).

Rose Royce's "Wishing on a Star" queued up.



I turned that song ALL the way up (And I have an INSANE system courtesy of that pretty boy Tiny).

SANG that song, right along with that gal...

And I ate my fruit....

And watch this...

Commenced to spitting watermelon seeds, grapefruit seeds, and cherry seeds out the window.

Turned the head of whoever was strolling down the street.

Wanted to holler "Stop looking at me, Man! Or YOU gonna catch a seed dead in YO eye."

I sang all the way home.

And when the song went off?

I hit repeat. And sang some more.

That was the best moment of the day.

Well second best behind the first, lol.

I live for those moments.

In the morning, I look forward to packing up my fruit, having a moment of prayer...

And spitting my seeds.

4 comments:

  1. LOL, girl you so crazy! I can just see you driving down the street spittin out seeds and singing..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fun.nay!

    Dr. Lee spittin' seeds ... now ain't that a caution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:41:00 AM

    LOL @ "Stop looking at me, Man! Or YOU gonna catch a seed dead in YO eye."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:34:00 PM

    LUV IT....LIFE IS GOOD:
    good friends good music and good food.....

    dee in San diego

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!