Monday, August 02, 2010

Day One- Introduce yourself

Okay, we're gonna dig around in the Blog Challenge. I'll be doing my blog posts at night. You can read them in the morning, man. I like writing in the mornings, but my mornings are booked to the tilt right now.

So let's DO this here thang:

Day one is "Introduce Yourself"

That's hard. Why? Because I can't come up with anything new. But we will try.

I am LadyLee.

That is all.

LOL. Just playing.

"LadyLee" was my street/tag grafitti name in highschool. It's the "id" part of my personality, mixed with the comical side of my personality. If you know me in real life, I am terribly quiet and not at all funny. The LadyLee part of me is a bit on the crazy side, to say the least. It is also the mentally "free" part of who I am.

I am the Oldgirl.

"Oldgirl" was a codename we used in grad school when we were talking about people on the sly. It somehow morphed into a greeting and a battlecry. If I call you "Oldgirl", these days it means you alright with me, lol.

I am Lisa.

That is what my family calls me. Don't come around asking for me by my gub'ment name. You may not get an answer.

I am Lee.

Another family name. A few people, especially bloggers, call me that. The name was given to me by my late Grandfather. He also called me "Sweet". I do miss all that.

I am Sugar Girl.

That is my Grandmother's name for me. This name is the good, honest and deepthinking side of my personality. It reminds me that I am not a bad person. I am sweet. I am good.

I am Dr. Parker.

I like having a title, even though I don't use it much. Somehow this has become a nickname for me. That is cool. I EARNED that title some 12 years ago. It is part of who I am. That's the mad scientist part of me.

And I am simply Alesia. That's my government name. It's the totality of all that above.

I can be your best friend. Or your worst nightmare.

You may not be able to handle or accept the loner that I am. Or you may appreciate it.

I won't purposely do anything to hurt you. But it is very easy for me to walk away if you're playing games or wrecking my steelo.

I am chronically ill. But I am happy to say that even with lupus, I get along just fine without assistance.

I like sowing seed into people's lives, very generous, usually in the most unexpectant of ways, but I never loan money, as I am all I got, and I can't afford to lose it (circle back up to the "worst nightmare" line above).

I am a tomboy who likes a good pedicure and some plum lipstick every once in awhile.

I am not a beautiful woman, but not a day goes by that I don't look in the mirror and tell myself how beautiful I am.

I am a divorced woman, and like any woman, I want the man of my dreams. But desperation is nowhere in my vocabulary. It is not an option,

I am a writer who bleeds ink on the pages. More than I should at times... with my long-winded tail.

I love God. God loves me... with my consistently inconsistent self.

But most of all, I am who I am.

Not enough words in the dictionary to describe who I be in entirety.

No one born before me or who will be born after me is like me.

I am an Original.

And I promise you, whatever you may think of me...

You will remember me.

And...

You will never meet another person like me.

19 comments:

  1. You are such a great writer! You're right, I'll never forget you - you are an original!

    I can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blank stare*crickets*



    What's up, twitter crew? *waving back*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeeeeeey LadyLee!!! :)

    Just wanted to say of all the intro posts I've read so far, I love yours the most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Green Eyed Bandit7:38:00 AM

    I have 2 friends who is doing this challenge. I just need Serenity to get home and onboard too! You know I am going to love the next 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely an original. So I glad I "know" you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you. are. beautiful.

    and I know beauty....

    i am glad God made you. and that he saw fit in his own awesome way to allow our lives to crisscross...
    tgn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up with the inhabitants of Lurk City coming out the woodworks? LOL. This makes me not want to take things as deep as I wanna take them on all of this... But I will be BRAVE.

    Glad ya'll like.Stay tuned for more.

    @Ms.Behaving... Another tweeter. Waiting on your tail to pick back up on your 30 day challenge cuz it's INTERESTING. But I know you're on your CP calendar. LOL

    @Good Nurse... Wassup to my favorite Nurse in the whole wide world:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are who you are and make no apologies for that. That is what I admire about you. I know when you creep on over to my blog and comment that you are dropping knowledge. And I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:10:00 AM

    Good first day post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whadda mean you're not beautiful?! Chick,Yes.You.Are.
    I can't wait to read the rest of this month!
    Time to go read the others...

    ReplyDelete
  11. *waving like Nettie*
    Hey Oldgirl!!!
    Love your post!!! You are a great writer. In the words of Nina Mosley, by way of Magpeach, "you make me want to burn my blog", lol, j/k, but excellent piece. Can't to see what the next 30 days bring!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well... now THAT's an introduction...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:12:00 PM

    Ladylee,
    I started reading your blog after participating in the 21 Day financial fast on S23 page. I read your posts everyday and it cracks me up. Can't wait to see what you write for the rest of the challenge.

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Out of lurkdom, for a second. Love this introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  15. jennifer2:37:00 PM

    Thank you for sharing "you" with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GOOD LAWD! CLUTCH THE PEARLS. I go to the doctors, and I come back to the whole of Lurk City up in my House of LadyLee!

    Man. This is, funny. Because tonight's post has some serious steam on it... Not sure ya'll are ready for that. Maybe I need to tone it down. lol

    @Magnolia Peach... PEACH! Do NOT burn up your blog. You heard me! That's an order.

    @Jennifer... been thinkin' about you, Ma. Let's catch up on my gubment email.

    @Sasha... My baby blog sista S23's clientele is always welcome in the House of LadyLee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwww......I like being "officially" introduced to the Original Oldgirl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I stopped by via Chele @ Discoveries, and am quite impressed by your intro. Talk about perfect timing. I look forward to reading much more of your words.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!