Sunday, August 01, 2010

Happy Birthday Nikki.

If you've noticed, I've ceased the birthday tributes. Most of my long term blogging circle has one or two scrawled high up on the walls of the the House of Ladylee.

Let's just say, if you want to read good things about yourself, click on your birthday somewhere over the nearly 5 year lifespan of this blog.

But I'd like to say Happy Birthday to a special blogger and friend, The Iniquitous One, Nikki, who passed last year some 30 days after her birthday. She would've been 39 years old today.

Nik, I miss you much. I miss daily texts and talks. I miss ya, Oldgirl.

When I think of her, I think of something I posted over here on your last birthday. I've posted it here.


Nikki is not only one of my favorite bloggers, but one of my favorite people in general. I am glad she lives in the ATL, as it has given us the opportunity to hang out and get to know each other. I do consider our friendship to be one of my most important friendships. She's one person that I can talk to with no fear of judgment, and she has been one to encourage me and support me.

That is hard to find in people these days, but I found it in her and she in me.

Nikki, I'm very rich because of your friendship. Very rich. (August 1, 2009)

And though she is gone, I STILL feel rich having had her as a friend.

It's rare for me to meet people like that. Very rare these days. I love that with certain people, with every convo, I come away a little smarter, a better person, and with whatever's igging me at the time cleared up. And when I do meet people like that, I take note and respect it in the incredible personal value and richness it brings to my life.

So, Nikki, you're celebrating your day in heaven today...

And I celebrate your day here in my heart.

Happy Birthday,

Love LadyLee.

2 comments:

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!